Houston park shooting leaves teen dead, another wounded

A late-night shooting at a southeast Houston park left one teenager dead and another injured as homicide detectives continue investigating.

HOUSTON — A late-night shooting at a park left one teenager dead and another injured, according to Houston police. Investigators are now working to determine what led up to the gunfire and whether multiple people were involved.

Police said officers were called around 11:30 p.m. Thursday to a park off Oak Vista Drive in southeast Houston after reports of a shooting.

When officers arrived, they found two teenage boys suffering from gunshot wounds.

Investigators said a 17-year-old was shot in the chest and later died at the hospital. A 19-year-old was shot in the arm and is expected to survive.

Police said one person has been detained for questioning as homicide detectives continue investigating.

“So we do have one person detained for questioning, and we’re waiting for homicide to come out and do further interviews,” HPD Lt. A. Ali said at the scene.

According to investigators, the shooting may have happened during some kind of meetup involving multiple people.

Police also recovered two firearms and said two different caliber weapons were involved in the shooting.

Homicide detectives continued interviewing witnesses overnight as they worked to determine exactly what happened.

Authorities have not released the identities of the teens involved, and no charges had been filed as of early Friday morning.

Source link